Thursday, October 15, 2015

Be the Adult

As I have mentioned in past postings, I have a bit of ADHD.  Combine this with a bit of apathy and also the mind of a procrastinator, and quite honestly, stuff just doesn't get done.

When you are employed, you are forced to do things at work because you either do them or you don't have a job.  However, when you are unemployed, doing the right thing depends on your living situation.  In my example, I have moved back home until I find a job and I am able to earn enough to get a place of my own.

This has caused another problem:  lack of accountability.  Because I am living in my old room at my mother's place, I don't have to pay rent, electric, and so on.  I am only accountable for the bills I have to pay, such as phone, car note, and so on.

I had made the poor decision to "half ass" the job search while staying with my mother.  So, here I sit, almost 10 weeks after leaving the Charlotte area, still unemployed and now facing a new, but familiar problem:  being broke.  Literally broke.

You may ask - where am I going with all of this?

Well, here's where I'm going:  today, October 15th, I declare to be the day I will Be The Adult.

Being the Adult is simple:


  1. Be accountable for your actions
  2. Be proactive with issues and tackle them head on
  3. Be honest with others and yourself
I'll begin with a new post.  Part 1:  The Job Hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment