Monday, October 12, 2015

Frozen in Time

I awoke to the familiar tones of Rush playing from my cell phone.  The song "Digital Man", from their album 'Signals', has a snappy opening worthy of using for a morning alarm.

"Not this again", I thought to myself.  It was another Monday morning, and I wasn't ready to deal (read: avoid) with the mess I have created over the past few months.

Today's date is October 12th, and it's Columbus Day - the day that used to be a national holiday to honor the discovery of North America by Christopher Columbus.  

Nowadays, anyone (aka "Attention Whores") who desires attention will look for something to be offended by; and with Columbus Day, today's "offended" are those who believe the holiday is insensitive to Native Americans.  I must have missed the part of the history lesson where Columbus himself was personally responsible for the actions of settlers that would come to America hundreds of years later.  People need to get over themselves and let go of the past!  Be grateful for what you have today, for the past is just that, and there's nothing you can do about past events but learn from them and move forward.

Which brings me back to my daily ordeal:  my "Work Box", which has been "Frozen in Time" for the last two months, just filling up to the rim with work to do.

I sit at my make shift desk in my room, a room that is at one end of my mother's home.  I decided back in early June that I was not going to renew my lease with the apartment home complex I resided in - I was going to move back to Jacksonville and leave North Carolina behind.  I gave my 60 day notice to the landlord, and then slowly calculated the number of days left at my job before I would have to leave them and move out of the state.

As you can see, my memories frequently flood my current train of thought - a gift from my ever present ADHD.

I've been back in Jacksonville for two full months now, and I'm job hunting...again.  And it's all my fault.

Having been here for two months, I have been giving about 20% to the job hunt.  That leaves very little room for success.

I have slowly started to figure out what is keeping me from succeeding, but it took a long time to get here.

Where does all this rambling lead to?  It leads me to the opportunity, the chance, to make this blog what it was SUPPOSED to be: a blog about redemption, survival, second chances, and the tools needed to correct the mistakes made in the past in my personal and professional life.

Welcome to the re-birth of "My Last Unemployment".

No comments:

Post a Comment